Coffee enemas have been one of the most powerful detox and cleansing tools in my kit...offering a myriad of health benefits including:
- Improves digestion and bile flow
- Reduces systemic toxicity
- Assists with weight loss
- Improves mental clarity
- Helps eliminate parasites
- Helps eliminate candida
- Detoxes & repairs the liver
- Improves circulation, boosts energy, and provides insomnia relief
- Eases bloating
- Increases energy levels
Instructions for coffee enema:
1. Heat up filtered water to just below boiling
2. Pour one cup hot water into cup or container (such as French Press) with 4-5 tablespoons organic coffee grounds
3. Steep coffee for ~5 min
4. Filter coffee grounds using filter bag or sieve
5. Add 3.5 cups cold filtered water to coffee until it’s about body temp. You can keep adding cold/hot water accordingly until you have about 5-6 cups of room temp liquid, which can make 1-2 flushes. An average size enema flush uses about 1 liter (4 cups) of body temperature water, and a large one uses about 1.5 liters.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate to liquid (optional)
7. Make sure nozzle on tube of enema bag is closed. Pour liquid into enema bag (make sure enema bag is clean before using by rinsing with filtered water mixed with baking soda and/or washing tip of tube with hydrogen peroxide or soapy water).
8. Hold enema tube over a cup and unlock nozzle to fill tube of enema bag with liquid (so there is no air in the tube). Re-close nozzle and pour any of the liquid that came out into cup back into enema. Make sure nozzle clip is close at bottom of tube so you can easily reach it.
9. Coat tip of tube with coconut oil for lubricant.
10. Hang enema bag on door handle or counter height using hanger or hook.
11. Lay down flat on ground and insert enema into bum.
12. Take a deep breath, exhale, and release nozzle to allow liquid to flow in. Stop and close nozzle after about 2 cups, or whenever you feel pressure building up. Don’t let it get too uncomfortable.
13. Hold in for as long as possible until you get a strong urge to release, up to 15 minutes.
14. Repeat until you run out of liquid (usually 2-3 flushes). I usually hold the second one for longer, about 15 minutes, and visualize the liquid clearing out all of the toxins throughout my entire body, especially in my liver/kidneys/gallbladder.
15. Wash tip of tube with soapy water and rinse out bag with filtered water.